One award of up to $2,000
The purpose of this grant is to support the development of integrative research (individual or collaborative) led by CICR affiliates on conservation, sustainability, or environmental change. Most activities that can demonstrably contribute to the establishment or enhancement of integrative research will be considered. Research activities should include a strong connection to the CICR mission and engagement with CICR in proposal development and/or research activities is required. Preference will be given for research that will lead to the preparation of a proposal for extramural funding that includes CICR as a Research Center partner. Work must be completed in one year from the time the funds are distributed, and a 1-page final report will be required.
Eligibility: All CICR faculty affiliates not currently serving on the CICR Executive Committee are eligible to apply. Application for affiliate status and proposal submission may be done concurrently.
Deadline: Submit your proposal as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm March 22, 2017. Award notification will be sent by April 5th.
Evaluation: Proposals will be reviewed by a faculty committee of CICR affiliates and ranked based on (1) their ability to fulfill the mission of CICR and (2) the ability for the resulting product or data to garner further extramural support.
1) Cover Page: Please include name and affiliation for all researchers and contact information of the lead researcher. Not all researchers need to be affiliated with CICR or at UGA, but the lead researcher must be a CICR affiliate.
2) Description of Research Problem and Integrative Approach (Up to 2 pages)
- Provide enough background for anyone outside of your area of expertise to understand the content and significance of the proposed work.
- State clear hypotheses, objectives and/or research question(s).
- Describe the methodology to answer the objective(s)/question(s).
- If this proposal is to gather pilot data, provide a clear description of how it will further the lead researcher’s goals to apply for extramural funding and the sources of funding that will be pursued.
- If this proposal is for another activity that does not involve gathering data (e.g. workshop), please provide an explanation of how it will lead to future collaboration or proposal preparation.
- If this grant will only support part of a much larger project, please describe specifically how these funds will be used to add something to the project that would not otherwise have been possible.
3) Activities to be supported by the grant (up to 1 page) Please provide a budget, specification of the activities to be supported with the funds, and timeline for undertaking those activities. Funds may be used for:
- Travel: To bring collaborator(s) to UGA or to meet collaborators somewhere else; to visit a study site to collect pilot data or work on research logistics.
- Workshop activities: To support proposal-writing activities (room rentals, facilitators, grant reviewers, excludes food).
- Student support: To fund undergraduate or graduate research assistant time on activities directly related to the project and proposal development.
- Supplies: Directly related to generating pilot data for the proposed activities or proposal writing.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.